Intern With Us!
Apply for our Fall 2021 Internships
How long do internships go?
They are based on semesters (16 weeks) Fall, Spring or Summer.
Mid-July to Early-August (Fall)
Early December - Mid January (Spring)
Early May - Mid June (Summer)
What kind of internships are offered?
Depending on the current campaigns and needs of the organization, students are able to select an area of interest such as;
Children & Families
We offer both undergraduate and graduate internships based on our availability per semester.
Is office-work available right now?
Due to the current pandemic most of our work is remote but there are some campaigns that are in person but they are all voluntary based.
What requirements are there for an internship?
The student must be enrolled in an internship course at their school and be able to commit to 10-12 hours per week. Currently, we only offer course credit, all internships are unpaid.
Please email email@example.com or by calling 562-436-4800 if you have any additional questions.
“I was able to hone my interpersonal skills and learned to have open communication with the Long Beach Forward staff members. I used to be very shy and unsure of how to be myself around others. I have noticed that I am more open to communicating my ideas and feelings. LBF provided a safe space where I developed my skills and even improved the way I saw myself.” - 2020 Intern
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES MAY INCLUDE
● Collaborate with the Long Beach Forward community organizers and partners to
coordinate and conduct direct outreach efforts with partner organizations in Central,
West, and North Long Beach neighborhoods.
● Provide logistical and facilitation support for direct outreach volunteers.
● Conduct community outreach and education in tandem with staff and volunteers at
various community events and resource fairs.
Collaboration & Resource Sharing
● Support collaboration, resource sharing, and facilitation amongst community residents,
organizations, and policymakers in organizational campaigns and workgroups.
● Conduct community-based research related to the social determinants of health and
potential policy solutions.
● Assist the Long Beach Forward staff in office and collaboration support for the various
campaigns, events, and opportunities.
● Collaborate with staff to plan, organize, and implement community learning events such
as (but not limited to) Book Clubs, film screenings, and other technical learning
● Implement communications materials and tactics related to improving health equity in Long Beach.
● Support strategic communications efforts (social media, messaging development, graphic
design) in tandem with partner organizations and individuals in the targeted community.
“Working at LB Forward will inevitably give you a voice. For those that are shy and introverted, there will be a project that will bring out the activist in you. I would challenge them to when in doubt express yourself. Every space that I have been in has allowed creative expression that pertains to the topics.” - 2020 Intern